OU Pride

As I've stated once twice 487 times before, I love Ohio University. I will argue until I'm blue in the face that OU is the best school in Ohio; that Athens is the coolest prettiest town in the state; that there is no other place that I would have rather spent 4 years for college.

Now while there are other Ohio schools that boast a better football program (and yes, I do cheer for the Buckeyes...), there is just something about Bobcat pride. A pride that partially has to do with sports, but fully has to do with a love of our school. Oh and our basketball team IS badass.

Football game sophomore year.
Sidenote: Bangs?? Why?

Going to football games was a blast. We drank in the dorms (oh dorm drinking. Why were you so much fun?) before heading to games on Saturdays. But not every Saturday. Honestly only 2-3 times a year. And this picture is misleading because the stands are packed. It was the first half...and we really only went to hear the band at half time. Because the Marching 110 is the shit. Seriously...I love them.


The OU Marching 110 doing Party Rock Anthem

And then we would leave the game and go crash house parties because we were freshman and couldn't buy beer or handle our booze or go to a party with less than 19 other girls. 


Homecoming was a whole other deal. Wake up at 5am, kegs and eggs at the bar, dress from head to toe in green (I had green and white shoes that were worn only for football games and Homecoming), hopefully stay sober enough to go to the football game, realize not even close to sober enough to go to the football game, go to the bars and drink for the rest of the day instead.


2007
2010
Homecoming is better than Christmas. It's a time for us all to return to Athens and celebrate the school we love so much. And if football happens to be included in the weekend? Cool.


Venus Trapped in Mars

Not only am I linking up with Sarah today, but I also used her tutorial to create a blog button!! So check it out on the right, and I would love to exchange buttons.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...