Browns Tailgating Tips

One of my favorite part of Browns games is tailgating. Obviously. Boozing outside with hundreds of your closest friends? Everyone decked out in Brownie's gear and super excited to be there. Nothing better!

But there are a few things to remember for a Brown's tailgate. 

1. Dress in layers. Football season in Cleveland can range from insanely hot and humid to damn cold and snowy. And everything in between. Plus, if you're tailgating early then heading to a 1:00 game, it's likely it will warm up. So layers!


Currently wearing long sleeve shirts, two t-shirts and hooded sweathsirt.
I didn't start off with the hoodie but added it as the wind picked up.
Joys of a stadium on the lake!
2. WEAR GLOVES. This was a lesson learned the hard way. I showed up to tail gate without gloves, and holding a cup of icy beer when the wind is blowing off Lake Erie? Your fingers go numb real quick.


Oh so happy with those gloves. And totally worth the $5 I begged someone to loan me!

3. Expect snow. Always.


No personal photos. But had to show you all that we will tailgate, no matter the weather.
4. So I'm realizing all of these revolve around being warm. But being warm makes tailgating and Browns games SO much better. I'm a freeze baby. Next tip- wear a warm hat and it doesn't matter how ridiculous you look. 


The two of us drunk at a game.
While my significant other was at work and his was still in Chicago.
Plus...Doug likes the Packers and Ashley like the Bears. Weirdos

5. Drink. Beer jackets warm you up. And make sure you charge your phone. Because when you are drunk AND your phone dies, you tend to get separated from your group and everyone panics. I really wish I had the photographic evidence of this! It didn't happen to me...but another friend who will rename nameless. 

6. And if you show up at a Browns game dressed in anything besides a jersey/jeans/hoodies/Carhart overalls (yes this is normal in Cleveland), you will be mocked. So just leave the dress/glitter/heels at home.


And of course linking up with the lovely Whitney and Sarah today!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...