Stress and wine consumption. Direct correlation.

I graduated college (woo Bobcats!) with a degree in journalism. I love to write, and I thought I loved journalism. But it was somewhere around the end of my junior year that I realized I was planning to go into a career that just didn't float my boat. Needless to say, it was the end of my junior year and too late to switch majors. So I stuck it out and graduated from one of the top journalism schools in the country...and had no desire to look for journalism jobs. 

I spent the final 6 months of my senior year applying for a wide variety of jobs- magazine, PR, marketing, etc... And nothing. My mom suggested I look into the AmeriCorps VISTA program; which is how I ended up in the non-profit industry doing grant writing and event planning. Which lead to my current position- no I won't share the specifics, but it is a non profit in Cleveland which focuses on youth in our community. I started with the grant writing, and have 100% switched to the event planning and marketing side of things. Definitely my jam...at least compared to grant writing. Which is the worst thing in the history of the world stinks just a tad. 

And as life tends to go in non-profits- this has been a ROUGH year financially. Meaning it has been a pretty stressful year for me, considering I'm on the money raising side of life. And it's only getting worse. In the 2.5 years I have been there, we have only had two big events each year, with a few smaller ones to fill in. This year? Four huge events...with smaller/semi bigger ones every other month. From February through October. Two of the big ones brand spanking new. Seriously? STRESS.

Drinking Reasoning

The first of the brand spanking new ones....3 months. More like 2.5 months. Working with a group of other agencies that we have never worked with before. Specifically someone who looks at me- 27 years old while looking a whole 20- and doesn't seem to respect a damn thing I do. Even though, if I do say so myself, I am damn good at my job. So stressful? Yes. Fantastic experience? Yes. Do I want to come home a drink a full bottle of wine some nights? Abso-fricken-lutely.

HP and a bottle of wine? Perfect.
Oh and cold fried chicken and salad for dinner.
And the bottle of wine is all mine.
So between now and August September? I might be a little distant. And I might be a tad bit stressed. But I'll be drinking a shit ton of wine, so that should make for some awesome blog posts.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...