26 awesome things

With the big 27 coming up, I've been thinking a lot. Most of those thoughts revolving around seriously? I'm 27? I still act feel like I'm 21 (let's be honest- can't go any younger than that with the amount of wine I drink). And according to others, I don't look any older than 18.

I came across Erin's adorable blog the other day, with this list of 25 things about her 25th year. So here is my 26 Awesome things that happened while I was 26.

1. My best friend from college, and her boyfriend (who was my husband's old roommate) got engaged on a trip back to Ohio University.

2. Said weekend was then spent full of day drinking, stumbling on the brick streets of Athens and gorging ourselves on every kind of deliciousness we could squeeze in (Souvlaki's, O'Betty's, Courtside, Millers Chicken, Big Mama's...etc..etc..)

3. I ordered 600 yards of ribbon...instead of the 600 feet I actually needed. Blame the bride brain! Yes, this makes the top 26. Basically shows how I was losing my mind during our wedding planning!

4. We road tripped to New Jersey and visited New York City for the first time

5. And on the same trip, attended the first of many weddings of an old coworker.



6. The following weekend, we headed down to Columbus for wedding #2...my old college roommate and her longterm boyfriend (so cute- they met freshman year in the dorm we all lived in!)

7. We hit the 100 day mark in our wedding countdown and I tried not to stress like crazy.

8. I enjoyed spending time with my niece- girl really loves summer time!
Eating East Coast Custard
After a long day at Cedar Point

9. Wedding #3 of the year together...and nope, not done yet. This was the wedding of a current co-worker.

10. We kept on trucking with all the wedding crafts and planning. And realized we were insanely blessed with everyone who was helping us out. .

11. I attended two concerts within three days of each other- Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw, followed by Florence and the Machine.





12. I completely fell in love with our wedding invitations and we sent them out in July.

13. 7 of my closest friends helped me celebrate the end of my single days at my bachelorette party in Athens. Still one of my favorite weekends this year!

14. I was showered with gifts at two different bridal showers- I have the most amazing family and friend!
With 3 of 4 Bridesmaids
15. While all our boyfriends/fiances were at Doug's bachelor party- us girls had a mini Bachelorette party part two in Lakewood. A totally random and awesome night.

16. I completed the Warrior Dash...didn't skip any obstacles and tried to run at least MOST of the way.
Obviously pre-mud
17. Obviously the most important occurrence of my 26th year...as well as my absolute favorite, was getting married!! My wonderful, amazing husband makes me thankful I have him every single day!

18. We then spent a week in Vegas, basking in our newlywed glory, playing the penny slots and enjoying cold drinks by the pool.
After the Beatles Cirque du Soleil show...seriously coolest thing I have ever seen!

19. Post wedding and honeymoon bliss, spent my first weekend as a Mrs. at a bachelorette party for my friend Megan.

20. Weddings #4 and #5, both in December and both of which I was honored to be part of! My close friend Megan and my cousin/maid-of-honor Abby.
My favorite. I haven't seen her since her wedding since
she moved to Oklahoma right away. Definitely missing her!
The girl on the left is getting married in September...so excited!

21. Spent more time with my niece...taking her sled riding for the first time and celebrating her 2nd birthday. Obviously, she played a large role in my year. 
 

22. We attended some awesome Cleveland Events with amazing friends- Brite Winter Fest and Yuri's Night
 

23. I decided that this is the year I needed to try to stress less...focusing on a few things that always stress me out.

24. Attended yet another bachelorette party for my dear friend Kari, who is getting married this weekend will be #7 of my 26th year!

25. And wedding #6...just this past weekend 


26. While this hasn't happened yet, I will be ringing in my 27th in Chicago with some of my favorite girls in the world! Hence why the husband and I already celebrated (all the Harry Potter movies on Blu Ray- so awesome). The plans include a trolley bar crawl, wandering the city, lots of girl time, and of course margaritas! Such a Cinco de Mayo baby.

26 has treated me well. I have an amazing husband, friends and family surrounding me. And I am so excited to see what 27 will bring (top of mind is hopefully home buying, more traveling, the birth of my 2nd niece, crazy busy times at work, and many more weddings-including some of our best friends).



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...