Flowers, flowers...and more flowers.

The first thing I picked for our wedding was flowers. I knew from day 1 that I wanted sunflowers to be the main focus and wildflowers to be filled in around them. The rest of our colors were picked fully by what would look good with the sunflowers. Bridesmaid dresses went from yellow (too much) to gray (which I still love but my mom wasn't feeling) to brown to green and finally settled on a dark eggplant purple.

Everything went from there...the mason jars, the burlap, the whole feel of the wedding was based around flowers. And I loved it! My mom, aunt, mom's friend and numerous others grew huge amounts of flowers for us and sunflowers in every size/color. The morning of the wedding, my mom and all her sisters plus a few others (thank you Cassie Jo!) put together all the centerpieces for the tables, as well as a few larger arrangements for church and tables (cake/food/gift/bar) at the reception. It was all pulled together beautifully, and while it wasn't a set color scheme besides the yellow- it was perfect.

And now pictures!!

One of the centerpieces- I also love that none of them look alike.
They all had similarities- but each was unique
Bridesmaid bouquets
My bouquet- still swooning over this. I loved it
My beautiful bridesmaids. Sunflowers in their bouquets and their hair!
And the yellow looked so gorgeous against the purple
More flowers on our cake!
Plus our awesome high-fiving cake topper

See, my obvious obsession love of sunflowers was a common theme through the entire wedding. 


And my lovely husband even changed my laptop background to be a field of sunflowers after we got home from our honeymoon. It makes me smile every time I turn it on!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...