Warrior Dash!

With the fact that it is summer, my largest event for work is in a week and a half, and my wedding is in one month, blogging has taken a bit of a back seat. I feel bad that it takes me so long in between posts- but life has been pretty insane. But on that note- plenty of things to talk about from this past weekend!

Friday night, we went to the Brown's game. One of the perks of my jobs is free tickets to Cleveland sporting events and concerts. People donate them, and often donate enough that staff is able to go (along with about 150 matches). A few friends were back in town, and we were able to hang out with a large group of people, as well as my awesome coworkers. 

Co-workers at the bar for a little pre game drink
Saturday morning, Doug and I were up bright and early. We were meeting up with some friends to participate in our first Warrior Dash! 

Let me preface this by saying that I was terrified for a few reasons. The first being that I am what you would call "out of shape." Like seriously, ridiculously out of shape. For someone who used to run cross country and was an athlete all through high school, I am miserably out of shape. And with the prospect of a 3 mile run, with 12 obstacles in front of me, I was a little nervous. Secondly- our wedding is in a month. And Doug and I are not the most coordinated people, so were both nervous of serious injury. But we both walked away in one piece- so that's good news!

The ladies of our group- pre race
My nervousness was not completely misplaced. I was completely exhausted by the end of the race, and there were definitely some obstacles that pushed me to my limits. The worst for me was the swimming one. I am NOT a strong swimmer; swimming with shoes it is even harder; swimming up to and having to climb over obstacles in 7 feet water is even harder. But I did feel great about myself when we finished, so that's a plus!

Our full group- post race and covered in mud!
The official race photos are supposed to be posted tomorrow- I'm excited to see the pictures of us on the course.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...