Someone to Help with Everything!

Planning our wedding has pretty much been a breeze. At every step, there is someone to help us out. Friends, family, friends of friends, family of friends, etc... So many steps of our wedding are being done by those that we know and love, and it really has made the planning process enjoyable! Not to mention, I love how personal the big day will be.
  • I have known our photographer for a large portion of my life. We knew each other from church and school and have always gotten along wonderfully. Her little sister will also be doing my hair and the hair of a few of my bridesmaids
  • Our invites were designed by my sister-in-laws sister. Her other two sisters will also be coming the morning of to do our makeup and help with hair. 
  • The band is a group of boys- most of who I have known since elementary school- the lead singer for even longer. 
  • In addition to a band, we're having a DJ. One of my longest friends happens to work for a large DJ company and has offered to get us a DJ as his gift to us. While we weren't planning on having this, I'm happy to not have to worry about having music on an IPod for when the band is taking breaks.
  • We're doing a hog roast- close family friends are raising the hog. They are also providing a place for the boys to all stay the night before (a house they have fixed up for people who come down to hunt).
  • A friend of my dad's is doing all the cooking and another friend of his is managing the kitchen/bar staff. As a caterer, my dad has experience doing this, but definitely didn't want to be in charge the day of the wedding!
  • The dad of one of my friends is actually roasting the hog.
  • And through a friend of a friend, we found someone to bake our cake.
  • Since we're just having a small cake, my aunt's and other family friends will be making assorted cookies and brownies and desserts.
  • We're being married by my dad's best friend- who I have known my entire life- and who also happens to be a Catholic deacon. I'm thrilled that we will be married by someone who has been such a large part of my life.
  • My mom's co-worker is in a string quartet and they might be (this one isn't set it stone yet) be playing at our ceremony.
As I said, there are friends and family helping with every aspect of this wedding. I love everything about it and it truly has helped me not be stressed. I have so much help from all the wonderful people in our lives that I know our wedding day will be fantastic!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...