Weekend recaps

So I have a weekend recap...from the last two weekends. So much stuff happened last week, I never got around to it. 


Last weekend was a nice, relaxing one- though it was the 4th weekend in a row I wasn't at home (so many damn wedding!). I actually headed up to the Findlay/Toledo/Maumee river area with a friend whose wedding I am in in December. Myself, along with her two cousins, are bridesmaids in her weddings. So we all headed to Toledo to figure out the bridesmaid dress situation. A trip to David's Bridal, Macy's and a small boutique were all relatively painless...though the $175 out the door wasn't super awesome. Especially when they advised me to order a dress that was too big for me. So still debating changing my dress size...which I can still do until her 4th bridesmaid orders  her dress...decisions decisions.


In addition to the dress shopping, we hung out at the Maumee river where they have an awesome campsite area- camper, speed boat- pure gloriousness on a hot weekend. Campfires, beers, boat rides, swimming and general relaxing.


This past weekend was another relaxing one. I took Friday off and Doug and I had an amazing date day with a trip to the zoo. Neither of us have been to the Cleveland zoo in a realllly long time, so it was fun to wander around for a few hours. Though it was hot and sunny so most of the animals were snoozing in the shade. After the zoo- we headed to the mall to figure out my wedding band situation (and apparently getting my engagement ring fixed).


Saturday was a pool day with a bunch of friends in Lakewood, as well as my cousin/MOH who came up for the day. It's always fabulous to hang out with them, especially with glorious views of Lake Erie. The pool day was followed up with dinner, drinks and cards on the patio at my brothers.


Sunday was yet another pool day- but this one with my niece. And damn, that girl loves the water. She was launching herself into the water- whether or not it was too deep. There was a little slide that came out the mouth of a whale- she probably went down in 25 times. LOVED it.


Annnd back to work today was unpleasant. Monday's are never fun. Especially when this is the first full week I've had in 4 weeks. Ready for July 4th already! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...