Birthday's of the past

It's my birthday week. And normally I make a much bigger deal about this, but the fact that I had to work last night and tonight has kind of dampered my week long celebrations. But tomorrow....tomorrow should be glorious. The great thing about a birthday on Cinco de Mayo is that everyone is out partying (and I just pretend it's all for me). But the weather is supposed to be nice; the sun shining; lots of good friends. And I plan to enjoy it all!

Birthday week has me reminiscing though about my past birthdays (at least since my 21st).

21
My 21st was a blast. However, since I'm a year older than all my college friends due to taking a year off after highschool, none of them were old enough to go out with me. But it was mom's weekend and a number of my brothers friends were still in Athens and they all took me out! It was a blast.

22
22 was a good year- had a party, got my roommates mom to do a keg stand, and celebrated another roommates 21st (on the right in this photo). 

23
The 23rd was a little rough. The fiance (then boyfriend) had just left Athens to head to Columbus, where his father passed away the next day. It was hard for me to be out celebrating, and not being with him. My friends were amazing though, forced me into a tiara and made it a good night. 

24
This was the first birthday up in Cleveland. And it was one of those freak 85 degree days in Cleveland. And we enjoyed every minute of it, but hanging out downtown, drinking Corona's and 1 too many shots of tequila. This picture was relatively early in the evening...things rapidly went downhill.

25
We had a mini Mexican feast at my brothers for my 25th. It was a pretty calm night as we were leaving two days later for California, which was my big birthday present. I just loved spending time with my niece- she even had an adorable little party dress on for my birthday :)

And now 26. I'm excited for what 26 has to hold. And not just this Saturday (which again...will be awesome). But the whole year. A new job, a new apartment, getting married. Can't wait!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...