My Judgy Pants

Since becoming engaged, I have become completely mildly obsessed with reading wedding blogs. This has been a bit of a double edged sword. While I have found some wonderful inspiration and wonderful people to bounce ideas off of, I have also found myself being more judgmental. And I mean judgmental of myself and our wedding. 

Which is stupid. I love everything about our wedding. I am beyond excited for that day when I finally get to marry my best friend. All our friends and family will be there to support us on this day and to celebrate what I'm sure will be one of the best days of my life. We're having a hog roast...which is awesome. We're having a live band...who are awesome. I'll drink wine out of a plastic cup, he'll drink beer out of a bottle. There will be wildflowers and mason jars and sun flowers and burlap and it will all be, yep you guessed it, awesome.

So I need to take off my judgy pants and get over it. Our wedding isn't in the barn of my dreams- it's in a huge reception hall...that quite frankly is kind of ugly. We can't invite everyone to the ceremony because we're having it in a tiny church. On the other side of that, our guest list has ballooned out of control- and I feel horrible that we can't invite everyone to the ceremony. And I read these wedding blogs and drool over gorgeous photos and cry at amazing wedding videos and swoon over stunning invitation suites and details.

But none of it matters. I look down at my left hand, at the sparkle of my engagement ring and I get butterflies and excited all over again. I think about the man I'm going to marry and the feeling I got when he asked me to be his wife. And I realize that I just don't care that we won't have the most stylish, glamorous, vintage-chic wedding out there. It will be us. And it will be awesome.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...