Weekend recap!

This weekend had a little bit of everything...and it was pretty awesome. Though unfortunately, getting my butt in gear this morning was really unpleasant. 

  1. Thursday, after a long day of work followed by a meeting with the Big Brothers Big Sisters Young Professional Association where we are planning an awesome March Madness event, I finally made it home to turn around and head out to Melt. This was the first time I had been back here since the night on my engagement, which was pretty awesome :) And the Hot Italian, with those amazing fries and coleslaw, made for a pretty fantastic meal!

2. Friday was a short day of work though insanely busy as we were one of the hosts of The Celebration of Youth Mentoring. Around 100 people joined together to talk about Youth Mentoring in Cle...and it was awesome to see all those groups in one room!

3. We headed to Lakewood to celebrate the engagement of one of my old roommates and close friends. Honored I'm going to be included in their big day and can't wait to help her get into planning :) As if planning my own isn't enough!
My old roommate and I...after lots and lots and lots of beer  wedding talk
4. Saturday was the extreme lazy day- started partially out of necessity (two bottles of champagne to start the evening followed by countless beers). After a nap, I proceeded to not do anything. The fiance and I watched almost an entire season of Justified. SO GOOD.

5. Started off the day by heading to Ohio City for lunch with my cousin at Bon Bon Cafe and Bakery. Between the breakfast taquitos and chocolate french toast, the two of us left some happy ladies

6. From there, we headed to Dredger's Union for the Boutique Bridal Bazaar. While I have most of my vendors already secured and ideas of other things I need to do, I was able to find some new ideas and learn about some different vendors in the area.

7. I got home from downtown, amidst a 30 minute snow-storm and received a call from my brother to come hang out. The highlight of this visit was definitely taking my niece out in her new sled. She LOVED it. Kept giggling and trying to put her hands in the snow. We bundled her up pretty tight and dragged her around the yard.
Adorable. And wrapped in three blankets!
8. After cuddling with that adorable baby, I headed off to B Spot with some friends. A Lola burger and fries, plus an overabundance of pickled everything, AND a vanilla milkshake with Kahlua and vodka later, we were all stuffed and happy. 

It was a great weekend :) Catching up with old friends, spending time with the fiance, and plenty of napping...seemed like a great weekend to me! And next weekend...we're heading to Columbus for some family/friend time and Athens for our engagement pictures (and some chilli cheese fries/bloody marys...no not together.)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...